noun[mass noun] chiefly Medicine & Psychology
- General constitution, especially physical build.More example sentences
- He doesn't have the body habitus for severe sleep apnea.
- Research is needed to determine the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of alternative means for detecting conditions not amenable to physical examination because of a patient's body habitus.
- This border varies in position according to body habitus as well as disease.
late 19th century: from Latin.
More definitions of habitusDefinition of habitus in:
- The US English dictionary