Definition of hacksaw in English:
A saw with a narrow fine-toothed blade set in a frame, used especially for cutting metal.
- A hacksaw or metal cutting bandsaw is the tool to use here.
- Slide the vinyl seal out of the carrier before you cut the carrier with a fine-tooth hacksaw blade.
- The exception would be the use of a hacksaw with a fine toothed blade to cut it to length and a metal file to smooth out the roughness.
verb (past participle hacksawn or hacksawed)[with object] Back to top
Cut (something) using a hacksaw: the bolt has now been hacksawed through
More example sentences
- Having hacksawed the cross members off we had easy access and a clear exit route.
- Today we'll learn how to hacksaw walnuts into decorative napkin rings.
- Heck, I've even had mates hacksaw the locks off their bikes without anyone calling them on it.
Definition of hacksaw in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia