(also hadeda, hadada ibis)
- A large grey-brown African ibis with iridescent patches on the wings and a loud, harsh call.
More example sentences
- Bostrychia (or Hagedashia) hagedash, family Threskiornithidae
- The hadada ibis is surrounded by many legends among African communities.
- Jo'burgers know hadedas well: they are often woken in the mornings by the loud ha-ha-ha-dahah of the large, dull-grey bird with its striking curved beak.
- Early-morning dew, mist on the mountains, the usual 3-pack of hadedas flying overhead calling loudly on their way to their day-jobs.
late 18th century: imitative of its call.
More definitions of hadadaDefinition of hadada in:
- The US English dictionary