- Relating to the zone of the sea greater than 6000 m in depth (chiefly oceanic trenches).More example sentences
- The hadal environment (water depths greater than 6000m) is one of the last habitats on earth to be impacted by unsustainable human activity.
- Submarine trenches usually develop downward from depths around 6,000 m, the beginning of the hadal region, exclusive domain of highly specialized and exquisite molluscan communities.
- The hadal zone makes up only 1 or 2 percent of the ocean and is located in narrow oceanic trenches.
More definitions of hadalDefinition of hadal in:
- The US English dictionary