Another term for haemopoiesis.
- We have already discussed the stem cells that are responsible for hematopoiesis, generation of neural cells, and renewal of the epidermis and the gut lining.
- The latter participate in numerous morphogenetic and physiological events, including hematopoiesis, through synergistic interactions with other transcriptional activators.
- These organs may become enlarged because they are trying to produce extra blood cells, a process called extramedullary hematopoiesis.
- Example sentences
- For example, brain and hematopoietic stem cells give rise only to neural tissue and blood cells, respectively.
- The progenitors of osteoclasts are from the hematopoietic cell line and the osteoblasts originate from the marrow stroma.
- Attempts at growing hematopoietic stem cells outside the body for clinical transplantation have not been encouraging.
Definition of haematopoiesis in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.