noun[mass noun] Medicine
- The stopping of a flow of blood.More example sentences
- The evolving understanding of the body's response at the molecular level continues to reveal common pathways between infection, inflammation, and hemostasis.
- At the junction of the flowing blood and extracellular space, the endothelium is a dynamic organ that modulates local hemostasis, cell trafficking, and microcirculatory blood flow.
- The procedure requires meticulous dissection and exhaustive hemostasis to prevent damage to adjacent structures.
- More example sentences
- This platelet release reaction and aggregation lead to the recruitment of many other platelets to the vessel wall with the formation of a hemostatic platelet plug.
- These patients may warrant periodic review of hemostatic parameters, especially platelet counts.
- However, how much these changes contribute to poor post transfusion survival and haemostatic function of platelets need to be investigated.
Pronunciation: /hiːməˈstatɪk, hɛ-/adjective
More definitions of haemostasisDefinition of haemostasis in:
- The US English dictionary