Definition of haemostasis in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
The stopping of a flow of blood.
- The evolving understanding of the body's response at the molecular level continues to reveal common pathways between infection, inflammation, and hemostasis.
- At the junction of the flowing blood and extracellular space, the endothelium is a dynamic organ that modulates local hemostasis, cell trafficking, and microcirculatory blood flow.
- The procedure requires meticulous dissection and exhaustive hemostasis to prevent damage to adjacent structures.
- Example sentences
- This platelet release reaction and aggregation lead to the recruitment of many other platelets to the vessel wall with the formation of a hemostatic platelet plug.
- These patients may warrant periodic review of hemostatic parameters, especially platelet counts.
- However, how much these changes contribute to poor post transfusion survival and haemostatic function of platelets need to be investigated.
Definition of haemostasis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.