- An instrument for preventing blood flow by compression of a blood vessel.More example sentences
- If injecting a corticosteroid after aspiration, a hemostat is used to stabilize the needle while the syringe is changed.
- In contrast, although not originally intended as permanent implants, in practice bioabsorbable hemostats are often left in the surgical bed to prevent rebleeding after surgical closure.
- The tourniquet then is tightened and secured by perpendicularly placing a hemostat at the end of the catheter farthest from the vessel.
- More example sentences
- Persistent bleeding may require packing the socket with a haemostatic agent or suturing, but it occasionally signifies an unrecognised bleeding tendency
- Because of the tissue contained within the passage of the suture thread, horizontal mattress sutures are effective hemostatic sutures on vascular tissues such as the scalp.
- We hypothesise that occult cardiovascular, microvascular, or haemostatic dysfunction result in pregnancy complications during reproductive years and in overt cardiovascular disease in later life.
More definitions of haemostatDefinition of haemostat in:
- The US English dictionary