1The worship of saints.
- The companion to media demonisation is the hagiolatry of Western leaders and apologetics for their crimes.
- In this country and in USA there is a distinguished tradition of hagiolatry of these scoundrels.
- But this kind of hagiolatry might spread the length and breadth of the continent with the appearance of further saints of this type.
1.1Undue veneration of a famous person.
- Writing on film is already trashy enough, already skewed by celebrity suck-up values and movie star hagiolatry.
- Most biographies of him have been exercises in hagiolatry, failing to mention his considerable weaknesses.
Words that rhyme with hagiolatrybardolatry, iconolatry, idolatry
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: hagi|ol¦atry
Definition of hagiolatry in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.