- A slender flat coiled spring regulating the movement of the balance wheel in a watch.More example sentences
- This oscillation is not exactly a parallel to the balance wheel and hairspring of a clockwork watch, but the fact is that both use oscillations to keep track of passing time.
- The curb pins on the regulator must be adjusted so that the hairspring hits them when it is supposed to.
- In most cases they used a long extension of the hairspring and pinned it to the base of the balance cock.
More definitions of hairspringDefinition of hairspring in:
- The US English dictionary