Relating to Haiti, its inhabitants, or their language.
- I first had to learn the language and find a way into Haitian society.
- More than that, we have to project a multiculturalism that makes it clear that we can translate it all - Arabic, Ghanaian Twi, Haitian patois and other languages.
- People here all have negative ideas about Haiti, but Haitian culture has a positive side.
1A native or inhabitant of Haiti.
- The intended beneficiaries of the appeal were not starving Somalis or hungry Haitians.
- Even worse conditions exist in the sugar-cane plantations that employ Haitians and Dominicans of Haitian descent.
- Many Dominicans, whatever their skin color, view Haitians as African, and unlike themselves.
2 (also Haitian Creole) [mass noun] The French-based Creole language spoken in Haiti.
- The two main languages of Haiti are Haitian Creole and French.
- While Haitian Creole has a French word base, the two languages are distinct.
- It will also operate in four languages, English, French, Spanish and Haitian Creole.
Words that rhyme with Haitianablation, aeration, agnation, Alsatian, Amerasian, Asian, aviation, cetacean, citation, conation, creation, Croatian, counterdemonstration, counterproliferation, crustacean, curation, Dalmatian, delation, dilation, donation, duration, elation, fixation, Galatian, geolocation, glocalization, gyration, halation, Horatian, ideation, illation, lavation, legation, libation, location, lunation, mutation, natation, nation, negation, notation, nutation, oblation, oration, ovation, potation, relation, rogation, rotation, Sarmatian, sedation, Serbo-Croatian, station, staycation, taxation, Thracian, vacation, vexation, vocation, zonation
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Hai¦tian
Definition of Haitian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.