noun (plural hajis)
- A Muslim who has been to Mecca as a pilgrim: [as title]: Haji HadiMore example sentences
- Once in Mecca, hajjis immediately proceed to the Grand Mosque, a massive coliseum that contains the Kaaba, the cube-shaped granite shrine toward which Muslims all over the world direct their daily prayers.
- He is a haji, one who has made the required pilgrimage to Mecca, and a former colleague from Pas recalls that he prayed regularly.
- The allocation of resources is essentially related to the growth of the Muslim population, the increase in the number of hajis, the higher cost of air and sea travel for Haj and the related expansion of airport networks over the 10-15 years.
from Persian and Turkish hājjī, hājī, from Arabic ḥajj (see hajj).
More definitions of hajiDefinition of haji in:
- The US English dictionary