(also Halakha, Halakah)
Jewish law and jurisprudence, based on the Talmud: the Rabbi will discuss current topics in Halacha according to the Halacha
More example sentences
- They do not constitute Halacha and they are difficult to concretize but they are clear to the sensitive eye and heart.
- Some of them are ineligible according to the Orthodox Halacha (set of Jewish statutes), and others, mostly new immigrants, are not recognized as Jews by the Orthodox authorities.
- The first aspect of this Halacha which must be understood is that there is no Mitzvah to drink liquor, as this Halacha only applies to wine as implied by Rashi and the Rambam.
- Example sentences
- In general, one must consult with his Rav concerning the Halachic propriety of eating any food (even tomatoes or apples) at a non-kosher restaurant.
- Most Halachic opinions follow Rav Drunkstein, who says that minors should not drink on Purim at all, unless they regularly drink during the year.
- For example, Rav Avraham Shapira writes, ‘It is the accepted practice amongst our rabbinical sages to expend extraordinary effort to find a Halachic solution to relieve someone from the status of Mamzer ’.
From Hebrew hălāḵāh 'law'.
Words that rhyme with Halachaaargh, Accra, afar, ah, aha, aide-mémoire, ajar, Alcazar, are, Armagh, armoire, Artois, au revoir, baa, bah, bar, barre, bazaar, beaux-arts, Bekaa, bête noire, Bihar, bizarre, blah, Bogotá, Bonnard, bra, cafard, café noir, Calabar, car, Carr, Castlebar, catarrh, Changsha, char, charr, cigar, comme ci comme ça, commissar, coup d'état, de haut en bas, devoir, Dhofar, Directoire, Du Bois, Dumas, Dunbar, éclat, embarras de choix, escritoire, fah, famille noire, far, feu de joie, film noir, foie gras, Fra, galah, gar, guar, guitar, ha, hah, ha-ha, hurrah, hussar, huzza, insofar, Invar, jar, je ne sais quoi, ka, kala-azar, Kandahar, khimar, Khorramshahr, knar, Krasnodar, Kwa, la-di-da, lah, Lehár, Loire, ma, mama, mamma, mar, Mardi Gras, ménage à trois, mirepoix, moire, nam pla, Navarre, noir, objet d'art, pa, pah, Panama, papa, par, Pará, Paraná, pas, pâté de foie gras, peau-de-soie, pietà, Pinot Noir, pooh-bah, poult-de-soie, pya, rah, registrar, Saar, Salazar, Sana'a, sang-froid, scar, schwa, Seychellois, shah, Shangri-La, shikar, ska, sol-fa, spa, spar, star, Starr, Stranraer, ta, tahr, tar, tartare, tata, tra-la, tsar, Twa, Villa, voilà, waratah, yah
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Ha¦la|cha
Definition of Halacha in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.