- 1Denoting or relating to meat prepared as prescribed by Muslim law: halal butchersMore example sentences
- As well as selling local produce and creating their own sausages and hams on site, their range will include halal meats for Muslims in the York area.
- It is, of course, very difficult to kill your own sheep en ville, and most Muslims purchase halal meat from slaughterhouses.
- The proposed authority will conduct medical and scientific studies and provide information to highlight the health and nutritional aspects of consuming halal meat.
- 1.1Religiously acceptable according to Muslim law: halal bankingMore example sentences
- My income is halal (acceptable under Islam) because I have been working very hard.
- Shellac (insect secretion) is acceptable as a halal ingredient.
- For a businessman, it is a religious duty to learn Islam's teachings about economics and halal and haram transactions.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- Halal meat.More example sentences
- We will not ban the production of halal or kosher meat.
- He eats halal and doesn't drink alcohol.
- Organisers hope to accommodate special dietary requirements such as halal or vegetarian food on request.
mid 19th century: from Arabic ḥalāl 'according to religious law'.
More definitions of halalDefinition of halal in:
- The US English dictionary