- • informal The slightest opportunity: given half a chance he can make anything workMore example sentences
- This pair could intellectualise anything - the teapot, the toast rack, even the toast dust on our breakfast table, if I gave them half a chance - so I don't.
- Given half a chance, she's rabbiting passionately about cultural strategies, architectural policies and the thorny problem of getting teenage girls into sport.
- But sick children have only half a chance to be cured six months after birth.
More definitions of half a chanceDefinition of half a chance in:
- The US English dictionary