Definition of half-and-half in English:
In equal parts: [as adverb]: views were split almost exactly half-and-half [as adjective]: a half-and-half mixture
More example sentences
- Dip the base of the cuttings in rooting hormone powder or liquid and insert to about a third of their length around the edge of a plant pot filled with a half-and-half mix of multi-purpose compost and vermiculite.
- I feel very sorry for the poor, but I also feel very sorry for the rich - it's a half-and-half thing.
- Despite the Uists being roughly half-and-half Presbyterian and Catholic, there are no separate schools.
noun[mass noun] North American Back to top
A mixture of milk and cream.
- When cooking, you can substitute evaporated skim milk or fat-free half-and-half for cream in recipes for soups and sauces.
- Add milk, cream, or half-and-half all at once.
- Me, having made a cappuccino with half-and-half instead of regular milk: ‘Look at all that foam!’
Definition of half-and-half in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.