Definition of half-and-half in English:
In equal parts: [as adverb]: views were split almost exactly half-and-half [as adjective]: a half-and-half mixture
More example sentences
- Dip the base of the cuttings in rooting hormone powder or liquid and insert to about a third of their length around the edge of a plant pot filled with a half-and-half mix of multi-purpose compost and vermiculite.
- I feel very sorry for the poor, but I also feel very sorry for the rich - it's a half-and-half thing.
- Despite the Uists being roughly half-and-half Presbyterian and Catholic, there are no separate schools.
noun[mass noun] North American Back to top
A mixture of milk and cream.
- When cooking, you can substitute evaporated skim milk or fat-free half-and-half for cream in recipes for soups and sauces.
- Add milk, cream, or half-and-half all at once.
- Me, having made a cappuccino with half-and-half instead of regular milk: ‘Look at all that foam!’
Definition of half-and-half in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan