- A player in a ball game such as soccer, rugby, or field hockey whose position is between the forwards and full backs.More example sentences
- Hockey should follow suit with special coaches for goalkeepers, defenders, halfbacks and forwards.
- This has been a continuation of an age-old argument in New Zealand rugby history when two halfbacks of similar class have been available.
- From a rugby league point of view, if you talk mentors the biggest impact on me was Ricky Stuart, he was awesome and reinvented the way a halfback plays rugby league.
More definitions of half backDefinition of half back in:
- The US English dictionary