Definition of half binding in English:
A type of bookbinding in which the spine and corners are bound in one material (typically leather) and the rest of the cover in another.
- The ‘pull’ of a half binding does not warp the cover, therefore the doublure is generally sufficient to control the board.
- We offer full cloth as well as quarter and half binding in leather and cloth.
- The material extends almost to the corners on the sides, i.e., much more than in the case of a half binding.
- Example sentences
- The facsimile faithfully reproduces the manuscript score in its original form in three volumes, each half-bound in leather with gilt impressions on the spine.
- Our hardbacks are all sewn, on quality papers, with a variety of covers: you can choose book cloth, full leather, or quarter- and half-bound editions of leather and hand marbled paper.
- There are 26 lettered copies half-bound in black Asahi cloth and hand-made marbled paper.
Definition of half binding in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.