Definition of half binding in English:
A type of bookbinding in which the spine and corners are bound in one material (typically leather) and the rest of the cover in another.
- The ‘pull’ of a half binding does not warp the cover, therefore the doublure is generally sufficient to control the board.
- We offer full cloth as well as quarter and half binding in leather and cloth.
- The material extends almost to the corners on the sides, i.e., much more than in the case of a half binding.
- Example sentences
- The facsimile faithfully reproduces the manuscript score in its original form in three volumes, each half-bound in leather with gilt impressions on the spine.
- Our hardbacks are all sewn, on quality papers, with a variety of covers: you can choose book cloth, full leather, or quarter- and half-bound editions of leather and hand marbled paper.
- There are 26 lettered copies half-bound in black Asahi cloth and hand-made marbled paper.
Definition of half binding in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia