- 1A person who has represented Oxford or Cambridge University in a minor sport or as a second choice in any sport.More example sentences
- On the contrary, at Oxford he'd been a squash and tennis half-blue.
- A depressing start to the season for Brasenose, but on paper they were by far the underdogs: Catz fielded a team of four half-blue players, and their superior experience and composure was evident throughout.
- 1.1The distinction gained as a half-blue.More example sentences
- A discretionary half blue may be awarded to a member of the A team in the Varsity match who who achieves a score of at least 46.0 in the BUSA competition, provided that they perform well in both competitions.
- He had always been keen on swimming and water polo and won his half blue at Cambridge.