Definition of half-century in English:
1A period of fifty years.
- This half-century was the formative period for national kingship.
- Over the last half-century, the number of women in the workplace has tripled.
- This kind of teen, the one that wedged itself into the space between childhood and adulthood and became a monster, is a creature of the last half-century.
1.1A score of fifty in a sporting event, especially a batsman’s score of fifty in cricket.
- In reply, Grange lost three middle order men for ducks, but young opener C R Bilton struck a fluent half-century before retiring hurt.
- His fellow opener, Mark Bentley, of Netherton, completed a half-century before being bowled by Hamed Khan for 58.
- Follifoot then replied with 142-9 with Neil Walker hitting a half-century.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan