A deck reaching half the length of a ship or boat, fore or aft.
More example sentences
- By the late act of Parliament the space Z, which is half of the half-deck, M Z, is appropriated to the seamen.
- Atys and Rowyn were up on the half-deck, trying to steer the huge ship through the storm.
- More example sentences
- Developments begin in the 1830's, to a larger half-decked boat, often obtained from the East coast of Scotland.
- Most of the boats were smack-rigged, and some were luggers, half-decked and whole-decked.
- She is half-decked for added seaworthiness.
Definition of half-deck in:
- The US English dictionary