Without enthusiasm or energy: a half-hearted attempt
More example sentences
- ‘The Benton bout was a half-hearted attempt on my part to go out on a high,’ he says.
- Complaints to the ministry have only resulted in half-hearted attempts to solve the problem.
- A half-hearted attempt has been made to plant saplings along the road dividers.
- Example sentences
- And if a country does embark on war, timidity and half-heartedness and second-guessing are always the source of more death and misery than decisiveness and ruthlessness and forcing things to a conclusion.
- He blamed the failures of the ‘yes’ campaign on the half-heartedness of France's leaders.
- In neglecting small things, the King exposed half-heartedness, in neglecting small things it resulted in lost opportunity.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: half-hearted
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.