Definition of half-hearted in English:
Without enthusiasm or energy: a half-hearted attempt
More example sentences
- ‘The Benton bout was a half-hearted attempt on my part to go out on a high,’ he says.
- Complaints to the ministry have only resulted in half-hearted attempts to solve the problem.
- A half-hearted attempt has been made to plant saplings along the road dividers.
- half-heartedness noun
- Example sentences
- And if a country does embark on war, timidity and half-heartedness and second-guessing are always the source of more death and misery than decisiveness and ruthlessness and forcing things to a conclusion.
- He blamed the failures of the ‘yes’ campaign on the half-heartedness of France's leaders.
- In neglecting small things, the King exposed half-heartedness, in neglecting small things it resulted in lost opportunity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.