- A knot formed by passing the end of a rope round its standing part and then through the loop.More example sentences
- It was what farmers call two half hitches, and sailors, a clove hitch…
- Fairly soon I tire of standing, looking stupid, so using a drainage channel as a fairlead, I loop the rope round a tree and stick a couple of half hitches in it.
- We put clove hitches on his ankles and wrists, locked the clove hitches down with a half hitch or two on top, then tied these to the chair.
More definitions of half hitchDefinition of half hitch in:
- The US English dictionary