Definition of half-inch in English:
A unit of length half as long as an inch.
- Get a ball that has the pin three to four inches out, and locate the pin about an inch above and a half-inch to the right of the ring finger (for a righthander, opposite for lefthanders).
- The Power Dot, from a company called findtheDOT, is a gadget the size and shape of a matchbox: about an inch by an inch by a half-inch.
- The Lexus' wheelbase, at 105.1 inches, is two inches shorter than the BMW, but its overall length is a mere half-inch shorter.
verb[with object] British informal Back to top
Steal: she had her handbag half-inched
[ 1920s: rhyming slang for 'pinch']
More example sentences
- Hence, while they wouldn't blink an eye at half-inching a Nana Mouskouri vocal sample, or appearing as deranged doctors for The Everlasting Blink album, their musical map has always directed them down the road less well travelled.
- Not since victim-of-allegations-of-art-crime-serial-killing epic ‘I have not been to Oxford Town ‘was half-inched for Starship Troopers has a culture-concept car crash left me so aesthetically tumescent.
- I understand they smashed a hole in the wall and half-inched the transmission equipment out.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan