- Dim light such as at dusk or dawn: the trees had a slightly spooky look in the half-lightMore example sentences
- Creative theatrical effect helped the presentation as each artist emerged from the gloom of a darkened stage to be lit in the ghostly half-light, and to the warm enthusiastic reception from the patrons.
- She stood in the doorway, looking at the boy, who was lying in the strange half-light of the dawn, then turned and went down the stairs.
- It was the grey half-light before dawn and Astaevia could only just see where she was going.
More definitions of half-lightDefinition of half-light in:
- The US English dictionary