- (Chiefly in tennis or soccer) a strike or kick of the ball made immediately after it bounces off the ground.More example sentences
- And while Redha Tukar almost levelled immediately with a half-volley, it was the Ukrainians who looked the more likely to add to the scoring as the Saudis panicked whenever the European side pushed forward.
- Having hit the side-netting as he latched onto Ferreira's pass, he struck a half-volley from the edge of the area that Kirkland managed to take the pace off before Harry Kewell headed off the line.
- After 34 minutes they forced a corner that Leeds cleared only to the edge of the area, where Julian Gray struck a crisp half-volley that found the net via a deflection from Mills.
More definitions of half-volleyDefinition of half-volley in:
- The US English dictionary