adjective & adverb
- 1At intervals of six months: [as adjective]: the loan was to be repaid by 80 half-yearly instalments [as adverb]: the interest will be paid half-yearly in June and DecemberMore example sentences
- Interest would be paid half-yearly on January 30 and July 30, each year.
- The first half-yearly general meeting of the company was held at its office in King William Street, Adelaide on 27 July 1866.
- But he had actually paid in half-yearly instalments and handed over the first £660 in May, with the second payment not due until next month.
- 1.1 [as adjective] Relating to half a financial year: half-yearly salesMore example sentences
- From next year, unlisted, publicly issued companies will be required by law to disclose half-yearly and quarterly financial reports, both of which will have to be audited.
- The interim results for the six month period to February 29 of this year showed a 28 per cent fall in half-yearly pre-tax profits from about £91 million to £65 million.
- Hilton is expected to post half-yearly pre-tax profits of between £165m and £175m, compared with £110m last time.
More definitions of half-yearlyDefinition of half-yearly in:
- The US English dictionary