- Sodium chloride as a mineral, typically occurring as colourless cubic crystals; rock salt.More example sentences
- In addition to quartz, fluid inclusions can occur in carbonates, gypsum, halite, fluorite, feldspar, garnet, pyroxene, amphibole, tourmaline, olivine, and sphalerite; indeed in most minerals except phyllosilicates.
- The most common minerals of chlorine are halite, or rock salt, sylvite, and carnallite.
- Although relatively simple, this system offers a wide range of minerals to depict (e.g., fluorite, halite, pyrite, and so forth).
mid 19th century: from Greek hals 'salt' + -ite1.
More definitions of haliteDefinition of halite in:
- The US English dictionary