- A CFC or other compound in which the hydrogen of a hydrocarbon is replaced by halogens.More example sentences
- It should also be mentioned that other chemical substances have attacked the ozone layer including nitrous oxides from fertilisers, chlorine, carbon dioxide and bromine halocarbons.
- Minor greenhouse gases include methane, nitrous oxide, sulfur hexafluoride and halocarbons such as perfluoromethane, freon and other CFCs.
- Countries signing the Montreal Protocol on Substances That Deplete the Ozone Layer have pledged to eliminate manufacture and use of halocarbons.
More definitions of halocarbonDefinition of halocarbon in:
- The US English dictionary