noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic antidepressant drug used chiefly in the treatment of psychotic conditions.More example sentences
- He conducted double-blind controlled trials on the important antipsychotic drugs chlorpromazine and haloperidol, and later on antidepressants.
- Treatment of delirium requires use of neuroleptic drugs, such as haloperidol and chlorpromazine, not sedatives.
- Isolated instances of such damage have been reported with such drugs as benoxaprofen, chlorpromazine, haloperidol, imipramine, and others.
More definitions of haloperidolDefinition of haloperidol in:
- The US English dictionary