(Of a woman’s garment) held up by a strap around the neck: a white halter-neck bikini
More example sentences
- The bridesmaids wore gold satin halter-neck dresses and carried bouquets of red roses and cream carnations.
- The halter-neck dress was tied around her neck, leaving her smooth olive-tanned arms bare.
- She was wearing Miss Sixty combat jeans, a black halter-neck top, denim bikini, denim shirt and high-heel shoes.
A halter-neck garment.
- Everyone would accept the duty to get their paid work done in the allotted time, from catching car thieves to buying shares, from wiping tables to fixing the railway network, from selling Lycra halter-necks to marking exam papers.
- Anyway, I really love what they call halter-necks, they go all the way to your neck, but expose your shoulders.
- One was hot pink and black, the top was a halter-neck, with matching pants.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: halter-neck
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.