Slow and hesitant, especially through lack of confidence; faltering: she speaks halting English with a heavy accent
More example sentences
- Her shaking hands cover her mouth and she walks backwards in slow, halting steps.
- And so the group made their slow and halting way back to Kathor.
- Both as a product and a cause of the indecisive nature of combat, the operational tempo of war-as-process generally moved at a slow and halting pace.
- More example sentences
- I strained my ears to listen and we searched them out - there were 4 or 5 Japanese tourists and a small, slight woman who was speaking haltingly in English.
- In all the years I have been passing through that way, past that same office, I have never seen the waiting room filled with people - and so haltingly silent.
- A pattern can now be discerned whereby we are lurching haltingly in the right direction but personally, I would prefer our arrival at a better alternative much earlier than later.