- A Middle Eastern sweet made of sesame flour and honey.More example sentences
- The results run from simple brittle and toffee type sweets through halva, barfi, and sandesh, to the family of confections based on rasgullas.
- A favorite Palestinian candy is halvah, a sweet nougat made of sesame seeds and honey.
- Finally, ‘sweetmeats’ like halva and burfi can often round off a festive meal.
Yiddish, or from Turkish helva, from Arabic and Persian ḥalwā 'sweetmeat'.
More definitions of halvaDefinition of halva in:
- The US English dictionary