- A toe that is bent permanently downwards, typically as a result of pressure from footwear: corns, heel calluses and hammer toes are common complaintsMore example sentences
- Bunions and bunionettes, hammer toe and neuromas - a painful thickening of a nerve that runs between two toes - were all much more prevalent in women.
- Lops has been correlated with a risk of ulceration, especially in biomechanically unbalanced feet with secondary bony prominences, such as bunions or hammer toes.
- The main reason why so many people have problems ranging from bunions to hammer toes is poor choice of shoes and their improper fit.
More definitions of hammer toeDefinition of hammer toe in:
- The US English dictionary