- An easily controlled gallop: hack classes where a hand gallop and stop are requiredMore example sentences
- ‘The verb to canter is, of course, a contraction of a ‘Canterbury gallop’, which was the easy hand gallop into which the pilgrims urged their horses, possibly when they came to level stretches of the South Downs.’
- Then Arialana started running, at a hand gallop at first.
- I've seen Olivia hand gallop him around and bring him to the halt and hand him to the nearest stable hand without cooling him down.
More definitions of hand gallopDefinition of hand gallop in:
- The US English dictionary