- (Of a device) operated or controlled by hand, rather than automatically or electronically: a hand-operated lever the pots are made with a simple hand-operated potter’s wheelMore example sentences
- The hand-operated air raid siren with the early warning equipment is given a twirl for the benefit of the younger generation, with a personal account of school-days during the Second World War.
- Using hand-operated desk calculators, approximately 120 man-days were required to obtain a solution.
- For around 50 years, he worked in lumber camps, struggling with large horses and huge, hand-operated logging tools.
More definitions of hand-operatedDefinition of hand-operated in:
- The US English dictionary