- A small bell with a handle or strap, especially one of a set tuned to a range of notes and played by a group of people.More example sentences
- Unlike an orchestra in which each instrument has a complete range of notes within itself, a set of handbells is like the separated notes of a piano being shared between several people.
- Blending the exquisite sounds of the musical saw, English handbells, and pitched cowbells, this is a one-of-a-kind CD that I hope you will want to own as well as to share with friends and relatives.
- Classes for youth eight years and up include fiddle, band, handbells, drumdancing, guitar, choir, songs and games.
More definitions of handbellDefinition of handbell in:
- The US English dictionary