- A brake operated by hand, used to hold an already stationary vehicle: she drew up beside the road and pulled on the handbrakeMore example sentences
- Policemen allegedly pursued looting suspects, leaving the handbrake off and the vehicle out of gear.
- The operation of the handbrake, steering, brake and clutch oozes quality, and the fittings are impressive.
- Turn off the ignition of vehicles and put the handbrakes on.
More definitions of handbrakeDefinition of handbrake in:
- The US English dictionary