A clap of the hands: the switch is sensitive enough to be activated by a handclap
More example sentences
- Snares turn into handclaps, drums fall in and out of the mix, the beat sounds like it's running backwards - to which Jackson responds by singing wordless falsetto over the top.
- The sixth track features very spare handclaps and single, fingerpicked guitar tones in what seems like a take on traditional Japanese court music.
- The single Time of My Life encapsulates their bluff blokeyness: handclaps, chants and a thank you to their mate Mr Budweiser.
- More example sentences
- Suddenly, the sound of two dainty hands clapping.
- I then distinctly heard a clumping noise just like a hand clapping on a shoulder.
- Once you're using handclapping or stomping, people tend to make an association with folklore, with oral cultures.
Definition of handclap in:
- The US English dictionary