verb[with object] (usually as adjective handcrafted)
- Make skilfully by hand: a handcrafted rocking chairMore example sentences
- Applique, beadwork and silk thread are used to embroider these handcrafted articles, with camel hide being the main item for leatherwork.
- Each member of the band was presented with a specially designed candleholder handcrafted by Forkin and Brennan at their workshop at Bert Cross.
- The limitations of this ultimately low-tech, handcrafted sophistication are apparent, though.
nounBack to top
- another term for handicraft.More example sentences
- Throughout her life also, she created many articles of craftsmanship in knitting, sewing and other handcrafts.
- In fact, primary and some secondary schools had practical subjects workshops for handcrafts, woodwork and bricklaying.
- Its leaves are used to cook and transport food, to make baskets and handcrafts, and it is even used to produce liquor.
More definitions of handcraftDefinition of handcraft in:
- The US English dictionary