- Passed on to a later generation or age: handed-down family recipesMore example sentences
- Any children I should manage to have, once I get over thinking that only happens to other people, will grow up without the age-old, handed-down domestic myths and traditions that have passed between women of previous generations, because I don't have any to pass down.
- Mrs. Joyce's handed-down straw hat lifted off my head as we left the parking lot.
- Without handed-down prejudices, children will behave in a spirit of complete even-handedness.
More definitions of handed-downDefinition of handed-down in:
- The US English dictionary