Definition of handglass in English:
1A magnifying glass held in the hand.
- After the police officer says that it's that thing with her picture on it, the blonde gives him a handglass.
- Arts and crafts, jewelry, handbags, and handglass will be available for purchase.
- Though most of the time, we were staring into our handglasses at bits and pieces of rock, or gigantic rocks, wondering what we were supposed to look at.
2A small mirror with a handle.
- My features, the straw yellow hair, the moss green of my eyes, the spray of freckles on my cheekbones dissolved into the silver backing of the handglass.
- Decking herself out in them, she regards herself and the sparkling gems in the handglass that came with them, then bursts into the brilliant ‘Air des Bijous’.
- She rubbed her handglass briskly on her woollen bric-a-brac container.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.