noun[mass noun] (also handicrafts)
- 1Activity involving the making of decorative domestic or other objects by hand: the traditional handicrafts of this regionMore example sentences
- A wide range of wooden statues, ready-made garments, decorative greeting cards, handicrafts items and eateries were on display.
- A Cheam interior design company is offering people with creative flair the chance to learn new skills at workshops set up to revive interest in traditional handicrafts.
- Other handicrafts include woodcarving and basketry.
- 1.1Decorative domestic objects made by hand.More example sentences
- The Cottage Industries Emporium here opened shop in 1984, and is considered a one-stop destination to buy varied handicraft and handloom products from all over the country.
- ‘They regard their creations only as mass handicraft products instead of valuable art forms,’ she added.
- Small-scale agriculture has been the backbone of the economy, with some light industry, mainly handicraft and garment production.
Middle English: alteration of handcraft, on the pattern of handiwork.