noun (plural handicraftsmen or handicraftswomen)
- A worker skilled in making objects by hand: the apparatus and tools used by the handicraftsmenMore example sentences
- The pupil leaving such a school would be a skilful handicraftswoman.
- Although little is known about the economic roles of Russian urban women outside the household, there are legal references to handicraftswomen.
- In the twelfth century the actual handicraftsmen found themselves at last face to face with the development of the earlier associations of freemen which were the survivals from the tribal society of Europe.
More definitions of handicraftsmanDefinition of handicraftsman in:
- The US English dictionary