- A hemline on a skirt or dress formed by panels of fabric which fall in points resembling the corners of a handkerchief: a handkerchief hem pulls the focus away from the hips and thighs, elongating the bottom half of the bodyMore example sentences
- Long skirts with a handkerchief hem work well for tall, pear shaped women.
- The brand once famous for its chenille ruffles and handkerchief hems has had a sharp new makeover.
- Balancing out the structured pieces are airy dresses with handkerchief hems in solids or radical colored prints.
More definitions of handkerchief hemDefinition of handkerchief hem in:
- The US English dictionary