- An exchange made by handing the ball to a teammate.More example sentences
- Richie Anderson drops the ball on a handoff one play after Woodson gets away with another pass interference call.
- What do you call a guy with lightning quickness who catches passes, takes handoffs, throws the ball, returns punts and is more elusive than Barry Sanders?
- The cold would help the defense on Jones' next carry, as the back lost the football on the handoff from quarterback Chad Hutchinson.
More definitions of handoffDefinition of handoff in:
- The US English dictionary