1A quantity of financial or other material aid given to a person or organization: dependence on central government handouts
More example sentences
- Yet they live from handouts, financed by taxes on our hard-earned income.
- As my colleague states, a large part of our salary goes towards our pension every month, and we are not just given the money as a golden handout from the taxpayer.
- The company used the same threat of closure to pressure governments for financial handouts.
2A piece of printed information provided free of charge, especially to accompany a lecture or advertise something.
- A checklist for returning to work is provided in the patient information handout that accompanies this article.
- A patient information handout accompanying Dr. Kligler's article helps explain these effects.
- Looking at the fine print on the election handouts for the Chant and King teams, Shaggy spotted a familiar name authorising them.
Words that rhyme with handoutstandout
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: hand|out
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.