Definition of handout in English:
1A quantity of financial or other material aid given to a person or organization: dependence on central government handouts
More example sentences
- Yet they live from handouts, financed by taxes on our hard-earned income.
- As my colleague states, a large part of our salary goes towards our pension every month, and we are not just given the money as a golden handout from the taxpayer.
- The company used the same threat of closure to pressure governments for financial handouts.
2A piece of printed information provided free of charge, especially to accompany a lecture or advertise something.
- A checklist for returning to work is provided in the patient information handout that accompanies this article.
- A patient information handout accompanying Dr. Kligler's article helps explain these effects.
- Looking at the fine print on the election handouts for the Chant and King teams, Shaggy spotted a familiar name authorising them.
Words that rhyme with handoutstandout
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan