Definition of handset in English:
1A mobile phone: many stolen handsets are believed to end up in Eastern Europe
More example sentences
- Get another mobile connection for home, after all, handsets come so cheap these days
- Manufacturers of phones should inscribe a warning on the handsets to make the users aware of hazards mobile phones can cause.
- By the end of this year or early 2003, expect to see handsets with Java capabilities.
1.1The part of a telephone that is held up to speak into and listen to.
- He's devised a way to hook up vintage telephone handsets to a standard cell phone.
- It's almost as impressive as these mobile phone handsets modeled on old Bakelite telephones from the 1950s.
- These are transmitters that use radio waves to communicate with mobile phone handsets.
1.2A handheld controller for a piece of electronic equipment, such as a television or video recorder.
- This locking device can be released by car park porters who will be carrying two handsets called cart controllers.
- If Microsoft controls the handset, it tightens its grip on all the other pieces.
- In other words, the handset makers and network equipment vendors are in for years of tough negotiations.
Words that rhyme with handsetaigrette • asset • headset
Definition of handset in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.