- 1An act of shaking a person’s hand with one’s own as a greeting.More example sentences
- A firm handshake is the basic greeting, and people shake hands again when they part.
- Men and women limit their greetings to a handshake; kissing in public is considered scandalous.
- There were handshakes and greetings on every side and the lucky ones got teddy bears and red roses, to say nothing of rings and pendants.
- 1.1 Computing An exchange of standardized signals between devices in a computer network regulating the transfer of data.More example sentences
- Storage virtualization has generally been associated with the handshake between computers and disk blocks.
- A connection between a browser and a Web server is divided into two phases, the handshake and the data transfer.
- It contains an unchecked buffer in the part of its code which deals with handshakes when connecting to SMTP server.
More definitions of handshakeDefinition of handshake in:
- The US English dictionary