Definition of handwork in English:
Work done with the hands: the transition from handwork to machine production
More example sentences
- That Morris had an inherent preference for handwork over machine work cannot be doubted.
- I have also mixed a lot of handwork and embroidery,’ she says.
- Each garment has ornamentation through different texturing techniques including crinkling, tucking, thread work and handwork.
- Example sentences
- The Elite models sport a fancy finish, G-style decocking lever and handworked actions with fabulous trigger pulls in double and single action.
- As a result, many retailers figure the only way to grab top dollar is to move up - into clothes with better fabric, handworked details, eye-catching designs, or simply a trendier image.
- The grounds of this estate have been handworked and the man-made pond installed with attention to detail.
Definition of handwork in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan