- North American • informal Be or remain inflexible or firmly resolved: company chiefs continued to hang tough, despite increasing competitionMore example sentences
- And when they were challenged in early April, they hung tough.
- But otherwise, you know, she hung tough and he wasn't able to really break her down.
- I'm lucky to have a wonderful wife who hates that we are apart right now but is hanging tough.
More definitions of hang toughDefinition of hang tough in:
- The US English dictionary